a diligent and creative labor of love spanning decades; i log things i can't forget, so i don't forget them.
Saturday, June 26, 2010
When I was small and wore glasses all the time I used to wish I was pretty and didn't need them, people would like to look at me. It didn't matter that I was hardly in first grade or if I was really so ugly in my huge glasses, I just knew there had to be something more beautiful underneath. Because once or twice, when I was alone and my brother and sister weren't around, I'd squintily studied my face in the bathroom mirror for an inordinately long time, perhaps a little self indulgently, almost crying that people couldn't see the real me behind my glasses. That underneath I was alright. For some reason I kept thinking there was something wrong with me for wearing these shields over my eyes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Fall Photo Dump
I love Fall, most of all. The changing of the seasons feels more important this time of year than any other somehow. Next favorite or signi...
-
I get a stab of panic when I see tribes in the jungle who have this whole other way of seeing the world than myself. I wonder how they view ...
-
so i finally got to see this thing i was in a while ago. coca-cola argentina http://www.rebolucion.com/newsletter/view-latest-work-Re-inven...
-
Check out my Thesis Project on the Parsons Exhibit Website: http://amt.parsons.edu/bfacdt/thesis/2010/2010/05/sleepless-nights/ I designed m...
No comments:
Post a Comment