I really like this video Kanye put up, about his outlook on creating.
I know people say he's so full of it thinks he's God etc.
But I know I personally struggle with being okay with being me sometimes, not apologizing for wanting to create- so i was glad to hear someone claiming so much ownership and passion for art and music.
“If you're taught you CAN'T do anything, you won't do anything. I was taught I could do everything!!! When someone comes up and say something like: ‘I Am A God!’ everybody says: ‘Who does he think he is??!?!’ — I JUST TOLD YOU WHO I THOUGHT I WAS. A GOD. I JUST TOLD YOU! Would it have been better if I have a song "I Am A N*gger" or "I Am A Gangster" or "I Am A Pimp"? Go listen to my music, it's the code to self-esteem. If you're a Kanye West fan, you're not a fan of me, you're a fan of yourself. You will believe in yourself. I'm just the expresso shot in the morning to make you believe you can overcome that situation that you're dealing with!”
a diligent and creative labor of love spanning decades; i log things i can't forget, so i don't forget them.
Fall Photo Dump
I love Fall, most of all. The changing of the seasons feels more important this time of year than any other somehow. Next favorite or signi...
-
I get a stab of panic when I see tribes in the jungle who have this whole other way of seeing the world than myself. I wonder how they view ...
-
so i finally got to see this thing i was in a while ago. coca-cola argentina http://www.rebolucion.com/newsletter/view-latest-work-Re-inven...
-
Check out my Thesis Project on the Parsons Exhibit Website: http://amt.parsons.edu/bfacdt/thesis/2010/2010/05/sleepless-nights/ I designed m...